Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Workin' Lady

So this post is about my new job, but don't get too too excited folks.  I signed a contract saying I wouldn't mention the name of my company on any form of social media, including Linked In (Really? But it's an online resume...)

I got a job as a chef at a private school less than a mile from my house that has students age 6 months to age 12. "Oh Jamie, that's really specific information, I can totally figure out the name of your employer from just that." says you. "Nope" says I, in a pirate-y voice, for unknown reasons. There are FIVE schools just like it within a one mile radius of my house. TEXAS.

So more about the position..."Chef, you say? Last time I checked, chef is not a marketing position". TRUTH. Chef is not a marketing job, but I do love cooking and kiddos. "School chef? Isn't that like a glorified title that is really just a Lunch Lady?" (You are really being a jerk today, not-so-gentle reader)
Is this how you see me, jerk reader?
Well I'll have you know it is not just a lunch lady position. It is also part admin, part floater teacher. And I leave at 1:30pm. Aaaaand the actual title on my paperwork is "Culinary Wizard", SO THERE.
Yes I am, Hagrid.
So yeah, it gets me out of the house, hours I like, I could walk there if I chose to ( I won't. Maybe I'll get a bike though.), and I can be creative in the kitchen with adorable nuggets (I know, I know, don't cook the babies). Plus I'll probably eat healthier since everything I create has to be super healthy while not having any ingredients that cause allergic reactions or diabetes( Sooooo...everything).Enjoy your Flavored Air, children. Should be interesting.  WISH ME LUCK, READERS!

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I died. But congrats!!! Do your thang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Sounds awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And I'm deeply sorry about being a jerk earlier, I don't know what came over me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandmother was once a lunch lady, errr School Chef...it's in your blood.

    ReplyDelete