Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oh Hai Mark! ( Or whatever your name actually is...)



First entries are always awkward aren't they?

How do I convey what's in my head without: a) overwhelming you with personality or b) boring you to tears or c) inspiring you to stalk, kidnap, and ultimately diaper me because I'm  yours for all eternity?

Just to be clear...I'm married and have family and friends who WILL look for me if I am missing, but probably WON'T pony up a decent ransom, so it's really not worth your time. I appreciate the thought though. It's sweet.


Aside from my friends who I will force to read this, my family who will Google Stalk to find this (hi mom!), and my enemies ( Do I have these? Can you leave a comment so I know who you are? Are we mortal enemies? Should I get dueling swords? Where can you buy those?) who will super analyze this.....none of you know anything about me! Here's some of that:

I'm from San Diego which used to be the meth capital of the U.S., then I went to college in Redlands which is in San Bernadino County- currently meth capital of the U.S., moved back to SD with my love for a bit, now live in Austin- no meth yet, but here's hoping (this meth theme comes with me just having caught up on the last season of Breaking Bad before it comes back Sunday...little bit obsessed.)

My husband is an artist. He is a Senior Art Director for an ad firm, and a freelance graphic designer. And no, he won't watch Mad Men so don't ask him if his life is like that. He doesn't know.

I am at home with puppy, Todd, who's antics will frequent this board no doubt. What do I at home, you ask? Mostly apply for marketing jobs, but only the dream ones, because I didn't move to Austin to settle. Other activities include cooking, trolling craigslist for free furniture to upcycle, working on renovating/updating our "new" house from 1986, and generally working on my southern charm ( Do you find me charming yet?).


So blogs should have a point.purpose.direction.reasonforbeing, yes? This one will cover......(BIG BREATH)........homeprojects.badmovies.interviewfollies.recipes.personalmusings.partythings.beer.toddthepuppy.learningtobetexan.nothingterriblydepressing.......(WHEW).

Do you want it to be about other things? It could be about other things....but also these things. Who knows? That's the beauty of a first entry I suppose.

So was it awkward enough for you? (FULL CIRCLE, see what I did there?)

7 comments:

  1. Teehee, you're funny. While I might regret it later, I shall voluntarily and dutifully follow your brain barf. *plhaah!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mama just found you and am honored that you began to expose your whole life on the internet on my birthday with such good humor.Do not apply for the CIA or the FBI because you have already said far too much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hai Mark!

    I'm so glad you're doing this, I've already started following your fantastic little blog, so if you could post all the time, that would be fabulous!

    PS - I think your blog and my blog should become friends - it can get pretty lonely out there in the blogosphere.

    PPS - You're my best customer.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda just added your blog! Will you do me the honor of adding mine? :P

      Delete
    2. I don't have any blogs listed on mine yet, so I'll look into how to modify my template and add yours.

      Delete
  4. P. Sis first blog I'm following...just cause you're that awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) Plattsmouth, NE was the Meth capitol for a while while I was in high school/college.

    2.) Learning to be Texan takes longer in Austin. But you've got down the friendliness and inviting people over for food. :-)

    ReplyDelete