Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Heat is ON...



So this weekend the AC decided to poop out on us right as we were entertaining friends after an afternoon of daytime drinking in a sweltering brewery.

Don't get me wrong, Hops & Grain is AWESOME, and I loved going on the tour and resisting the urge to hug all the barrels of beer aging away.

I did not love the couple standing next to me fondling each other in the 98 degree heat. A seedy airport romance novel was unfolding before my eyes. They must have been dating for two weeks tops, so the whole "let's be close even though we're incredibly uncomfortable" phase is not over. When they weren't making out a foot away from my face (UGH), he was was holding her hand stroking the space between her knuckles rhythmically (YES, REALLY). I'm sure they went home after that and watched a documentary on building toll roads while eating kale chips, but I digress.

BACK HOME:

We decide the drinking must continue, so we come home to make Sangria to go with the Italian meats and cheeses and caprese salad. Come to Todd stretched out like a bathmat on the floor, panting. It was not terribly hot yet, but he is super dramatic:
"I'm so hot, I can't do anything, please feed me ice by hand."
So Matt did his man-stuff and got someone out here while I played hostess and got some excellent board game-age and boozin' on with the friends. The repair guy walked in and immediately judged us. (Why? It was SATURDAY! We judge YOU for working on a day meant for rest. But also THANK YOU and please fix it.) Alas, his estimate was more than the HVAC was worth so we went through insurance and had to tough it out til Monday. Many cold showers, sleeping with fans at every direction, and wet towels as blankets. We survived. And I inexplicably decided Sunday was the ideal time to paint the master bedroom ( MY BRAIN HURTS ME SOMETIMES).

Here are the before and afters:


 
The Blue is Egyptian Pyramid from Valspar

The Warm Grey is Stone Manor for Valspar

Todd is pretty sure this photo shoot is about him.

The room is now cozier, still looks large, but stays cooler and is more nap-appropriate. I've wanted ink blue walls for a long time, Matt was hesitant, so here is the compromise. Our marriage is now fully represented on the walls. Up next: Staining the deck! Stay tuned, gentle readers....

3 comments:

  1. Todd is such a diva! and I LOVE your bedroom colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how everything in your house is slowly being coordinated to match Todd. Blues, greys, sand... Don't get me wrong though, it is not a complaint. It's fabulous and stylish. Just like you... And Todd. :D

    ReplyDelete