Saturday, September 14, 2013

Down the Rabbit Hole of Google/Brooke's Brain (Spoiler Alert: Both are Scary)

I should preface this post with the explanation of my friendship with Brooke. Do you have 14 hours? No? Okay.
This pretty much explains it.
 She convinced me to start this blog because spending 2+ hours on the phone with me at a time is just not enough, or for my own good, depending on which of us you ask (Don't ask her, she's wrong...and obsessed with me).  We talk in non-sensical circles, that usually lead to in depth discussions of M&M's (Don't judge, readers, there is SO MUCH to talk about regarding M&M's).
So that is us in the tiniest of nutshells. Onward.



So recently we were discussing Miley Cyrus's VMA Chemical Assault on Humanity and the unfortunate role Robin Thicke played.
Singing Stripper Pole


Here's how that conversation went:

Brooke: I feel bad for his wife.
Me: I feel worse for his dad.
Brooke:  Who?
Me: Alan Thicke aka Jason Seaver of Growing Pains,
Brooke: Ummm....Alan Thicke is NOT Robin Thicke's dad. Alan Thicke is gay.
Me: Uhhh....no. He has a wife. They were on Celebrity Wife Swap with Gilbert Godfried and his wife. ( IT IS SO SAD THAT I KNOW THAT!)
Brooke: Why do you know that? Nevermind. I don't want to know. She's obviously a beard. I know I read that he's gay, because Kirk Cameron is super anti-gay and speaks out against Alan Thicke. Google it.
Me:  Okay. (googles it) I win again! IMDB lists Alan as married to the same chick since the 90's and Robin as  his son.
Brooke: Well SOMEONE from Growing Pains is gay, maybe the mom, that's the same.
Me: That is not the same, but I will check.----No, Joanna Kerns is married.
Brooke: To a woman?
Me: NO.
Brooke: Someone from a show like that is gay, I tell you.

After going through the whole cast, we discover it was in fact Meredith Baxter from Family Ties who came out.

Me: I could've told you that. I mean the number of Lifetime Movies she was in would make anyone anti-male.
Brooke: I wouldn't know, I don't watch old Lifetime Movies. Their clothes are old and it ruins the story for me.
Me: Are you being serious? Nevermind. I know you are. The movie poster for the Betty Broderick Movie alone says it all ( which I found and immediately posted to her facebook wall).
It is glorious, is it not?

This conversation went on to google who killed themselves on Family Matters (NO ONE, BROOKE.)
and in the end Brooke simply declared she was right about everything and I need to read more People and Us Weekly. 

But back to that movie poster. Look at it. This might be where my love of terrible movies and crime stems from. My family was more connected with the true story than most viewers, and it was the first of several TV shows/movies about people we knew or grew up with (Mostly E True Hollywood Stories: Andrew Cunanan & Killer Kids (my sister and I knew TWO cases and a total of FOUR people involved on that episode). But Betty was and always will be the first, and I thank Brooke for reminding me how much I need to re-watch it just by questioning who Robin Thicke's father is.

1 comment: